Hey guys! Sorry for being a little MIA this past week. I had a run of extremely bad luck and then suddenly found myself super busy with Father’s Day and all. It’s been rough, but things have finally started to turn around. I’m back and will hopefully be posting more frequently.
Anyway today is Tuesday, so what better way to celebrate me being back than a Top Ten Tuesday. This meme is presented by the awesome people at The Broke and the Bookish, and this week’s theme is “Series I’ve Been Meaning to Start but Haven’t.”
I find that I’m really good at starting series, but awful at finishing them. That being said, the list of series that I want to read is never ending so it was not very challenging putting together this list. Here is what I came up with!
1. The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan — Everyone talks about this series. Seriously, it’s all over the book community and I feel extremely left out! The first book is even sitting on my shelf giving me judgmental looks for not reading it. I’ve heard such good things about this middle grade series. Also Riordan’s writing is supposed to be very comedic which is right up my ally. I actually need to read this and see what all of the hype is about.
2. The Shades of Magic Series by V.E. Schwab — This is another series that has taken the book community by storm. Again, I feel left out for not having read at least the first book. The premise sounds super cool too! I love the idea of parallel universes and don’t think I’ve ever read anything that explores this concept. Needless to say that this to is high up on my TBR.
3. Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin — I’ve heard a lot of mixed things about this series. Some people love it. Others hate it. Then there are those who think the books got worse as they progressed. However, I’m a sucker for the memory loss trope and like how creepy the book sounds. Also, this series is getting a spin off series so I might as well hop on the bandwagon now, before there are like 6 books.
4. Stalking Jack the Ripper Series by Kerri Maniscalo — Okay, so I’ve come to realize that I love historical fiction that takes place in London. I am also fascinated by the whole Jack the Ripper case. I’ve actually read two other books, Marking Time and The Name of the Star, and watched two TV shows that deal with this famous case. Also I’m a sucker for mystery and the whole “forbidden secret life” trope. The second book in this series is coming out in September and it sounds just as good.
5. Shadowshaper Series by Daniel José Older — I recently went to BookCon and received an ARC of the second book in this series, Shadowhouse Fall. I really enjoy urban fantasies and don’t read enough of them. This one sounds both interesting and unique. I love when these art forms are played with in books. I’m interested to see how it gets used in this series as they use paintings and music to connect with spirits.
6. Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi — This is another popular YA series that I for some reason have yet to read. There are so many of those on this list. This series seems like one of those books that you binge read because they’re crack that you can’t get enough of. I like book crack so I should probably read this.
7. Red Rising Series by Pierce Brown — I love the science fiction genre and don’t read enough of it. Many of my favorite BookTubers have raved about this series and it has been on my radar for a while. I don’t know why I haven’t gotten to it yet, but I just haven’t. I finally have a copy of the book, so hopefully that pushes me to finally read it.
8. Themis Files Series by Sylvain Neuvel — This series just sounds so unique and interesting. I really enjoy books that are different and what is more different than a story surrounding this mysterious hand that appeared out of nowhere? The story is told through interviews, journal entries, transcripts, etc. Illuminae was told in a similar way and I liked reading a book structured like that. It just sounds cool, okay?
9. The Seven Realms Series by Cinda Williams Chima — I have recently gotten into fantasy/YA fantasy and Regan from Peruse Project always raves about this series on her channel. She talks about it so much and it only makes me want to read the series more. What can I say, I’m a sucker for hype and have been looking to read more YA fantasy. It just seems like a good fit for me.
10. The Darkest Minds Series by Alexandra Bracken — Speaking of hyped series, this is a series that I completed missed when it came out in 2012. Now there is a movie being made and I’m so behind. I’ve heard such good things about Bracken’s writing and really just want to see what all of the hype is about.
Those are the series that I haven’t read, but actually need to start soon. I’m not sure when I will actually get to these series as I have started a bunch of new series already this year. As I said before, I’m not great at finishing series so I’m trying to work on that. Although, it is only June which means I have plenty of room on my TBR for good new series.
Have you read any of these series? Which one should I start with? I’m leaning towards Percy Jackson or Shades of Magic, but I’m not sure. Are there any other series you think I need to read? Let me know down in the comments below. Thanks for reading!